A few key notes on this (not a complete guide)
Virtual Server Type: "Performance (Layer 4)"
Protocol Profile (Client): "FastL4"
- This will benefit session responsiveness and eliminate key stroke lag
Persistence Profile: None (Do not use any client persistence)
- This will load balance all new connections
- This will assure that multiple users from one site are load balanced across all RD Gateway servers
- TCP sessions are stateful, so this will not cause individual session packets to be load balanced (common misconception); only the initial TCP session set up is load-balanced
- Use RD Session Broker and the Session Broker Routing Token to maintain TS session persistence
Configure Idle timeout
- On the FastL4 protocol profile, configure an idle timeout of 14400 seconds (or configure to match the idle session timeout on the Terminal Server)
- This prevents the accidental or premature reset of TCP sessions, which would interrupt the TS session and require the client to reconnect