- Users experience poor session performance
- Caused by the virus scan product installed on the client PC
- Issue was isolated by disabling virus scan software on the client
- Note: Most virus scan products use a file system filter driver. The only way to completely "disable" virus scan is to uninstall it and reboot the computer.
- In one case, virus scan software was out of date by several months. The fix was to update the virus scan software and download the latest virus definition file
- In another case that affected several locations, virus definitions had been automatically updated earlier in the day, and the new virus definitions caused the performance issue. The issue cleared when another virus definition update was published several days later